Join us for our First Friday speaker series and learn about stories from the Collection!
Object Lesson Speaker Series
Object Lesson is a monthly First Friday speaker series that opens wide the cases of the Center’s Museum Collection to create fresh dialogues about the Collection and its objects.
Vessel: Embodiment, Autonomy, and Ornament in Wood
November 4, 2022 – February 12, 2023 Exhibition curator: Jennifer-Navva Milliken
Welcome back to the Center for Art in Wood! We have missed you! Please click the drop-down arrow for more information.
Welcome back to the Center for Art in Wood! We have missed you!
The Center has expanded its public hours and is now open Wednesday through Sunday, 12—5PM. The Center will also extend its hours on First Fridays.
We continue to adhere to the guidelines set forth by the Pennsylvania Department of Health and the Philadelphia municipality. The Center will continue to provide updates via its website, social media channels, and email correspondence if there is any change in our hours or access.
There are still safeguards in place to ensure a safe and comfortable visit:
- Mandatory wearing of masks for staff and for visitors.
- Social distancing (six feet apart) is still encouraged, especially in the collection area.
- We have installed a cashless system but will still take cash payments at the register.
- Hand sanitizing stations are located throughout the Center.
- Additionally, any staff members who report feeling ill are required to quarantine and shelter in place at home. We recommend and require that patrons do the same in order to ensure the safety of everyone.
Whether near or far, you can always visit the Center at theWoodShed.org! This dynamic micro-site and our main website are constantly updated, hosting live talks, studio tours, demonstrations, and much more, on an ongoing basis.
And the best handmade objects, jewelry, art, and books are always a couple of clicks away at the Center’s online store! https://centerforartinwood.org/store/
We wish you continued good health and we look forward to reconnecting at the Center and/or online.
Be safe and well. We hope to see you soon!
Questions or concerns about these safeguards? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
(and please allow us at least one business day to get back to you!).